Fire Protection Handbook® 2008
Edition - $245.00 each
Fire Protection Handbook® on
- $245.00 each
|In a field as wide ranging and dynamic as fire
protection, staying current with the latest research,
technology, and safety practices is as challenging as it is
The fully updated, new 20th edition
provides state-of-the-art, in-depth coverage of every aspect
of fire protection so you can eliminate knowledge gaps,
avoid errors, and maintain your competitive edge.
- Two volumes with 3,500 pages cover the total spectrum
of fire protection issues.
- 211 chapters, including 25 that are brand new to this
edition, reflect the latest knowledge and tactics.
- 254 leading authorities provide answers and solutions
- Thousands of visuals-- including 500 added photos,
tables, charts, illustrations, and diagrams--aid
Added chapters improve your ability to protect
lives and property. First-time coverage includes:
- Premises Security explores how to
incorporate architectural, technical, and operational
security elements into a comprehensive and effective
- Protecting Against Extreme Events
outlines how to increase a building's resilience to such
events and better protect its occupants.
- Flammability Hazard of Materials
discusses test methods for measuring and characterizing
ignitability, heat release rate, flame spread
propensity, smoke yield and extinguishability components
of flammability hazard for solid combustibles.
- Strategies for Occupant Evacuation During
Emergencies examines considerations that
include building characteristics, occupant
characteristics, criticality of building operations;
and, outside influences such as weather or the threat of