An audio preview of
this book by co-author Bob Latino
Errors & Reach Corporate Goals
Eliminate undesirable outcomes, chronic problems,
incidents, accidents... The cost of such events to corporations is high,
generally adding up to tens and hundreds of millions of dollars in
"accepted" losses. Why accept these losses? What if you could
understand why these errors occur and eliminate chronic events from
This book shows you how to identify, understand,
and prevent chronic problems that hinder the attainment of organizational
goals using Root Cause Analysis (RCA.)
In addition, the PROACT® software,
voted "Product of the Year" by Plant Engineering Magazine, and the
steps outlined in this text teach you how to automate the RCA process. Used
effectively, the information in Root Cause Analysis will improve the
Reliability of your plant or facility and save your company precious time
- Introduces Enterprise Reliability Management System technology to
identify the most costly events in an organization.
- Updates the PROACT® Software chapter to reflect the newest version.
- Includes new client case histories illustrating the application and
success of the PROACT® process.
- Updates Root Cause Analysis implementation strategies.
- Emphasizes and updates data collection strategies.
Expands the understanding of Physical, Human, and Latent Root Causes and
their relationship to the mechanics of problem events.
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
- Failure Classification
- Creating the Environment to Succeed
- Modified Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Enterprise Reliability Management System
- Preserving Event Data
- Ordering the Analysis Team
- Analyzing the Data
- Communicating Recommendations and Findings
- Tracking for Bottom-Line Results
- Automating Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis Case Histories